**This conversation is brought to you by General Mills and Acorn Influence. All opinions are my own.**
I have BIG news! For Mother’s Day I finally got myself what I really wanted! A 5 qt stand mixer to do my bidding for me! I love to bake for my girls and I love to create new recipes but stirring and mixing by hand can get old and tiresome. So I saved up my gift cards and bought myself a little ‘Mommy’s Helper’ for the kitchen! Home with my bright red machine, I HAD to make something with it! Searching the web, I stumbled upon Quericavida.com! What amazing recipes with a Mexican flair that they have! Seriously, take some time to look this site over. It has some amazing stuff! But, inspired by not only the site but the Family Sized Box of Honey Nut Cheerios that I just purchased at Walmart, I grabbed some creamy peanut butter and chocolate morsels and got to work making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups Recipe!
I remember getting off the bus everyday and heading up to my mom’s kitchen which always had a delicious treat! I love instilling that memory in my kid’s school days too. With quality ingredients that I buy anyway, like Family Size Honey Nut Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Trix and Cocoa Puffs, I can create fun and colorful treats that they can enjoy after school.
Peanut butter is one of those things that I don’t send to school but that my kids love. So pairing it with chocolate and the crisp of Honey Nut Cheerios is a win-win for after school here. With the Family Sized box I can make treats and still have plenty of bowls of one of my favorite cereals in the morning!
Let’s get to this super simple, incredibly delicious recipe!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal, finely ground
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal for garnish
- In a large plastic bag, pour about 2 cups of whole Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal to crush. About 2 cups makes 1 cup finely ground. Using a rolling pin, roll out the Cheerios until ground. You can also use a food processor but this way works easily with minimal clean up. While doing this, melt the butter. Turn on your stand mixer or beaters and add the ingredients except the chocolate chips into the bowl. Blend until smooth. Line a cupcake tin with liners. This recipe made 10 cups for me. Put 2 tbsp of mixture into each cup. Once done, melt the chocolate pieces 20 seconds at a time in the microwave until smooth. Scoop one tablespoon onto each cup. Top with a Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal piece. Refrigerate at least 3 hours and enjoy!
The light crisp of the Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal combined with the sweetened peanut butter and the chocolate is a divine snack that any kid would love! I may have eaten a few before they got home. I will never tell!
When my kids get off the bus we will turn a small thing like an after school snack into a permanent memory with laughter and chatter about our days. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Cups will be a recipe that will bring back these fun days every time we make them!
What General Mills cereal does your family love most?