**This Easy Chicken and Polenta Dinner Recipe is brought to you by Cucina Antica. All opinions are my own.** #CucinaRecipe AD
Dinner does not have to be boring, complicated or flavorless. With the right ingredients and about 15 minutes, you can make something elegant and beautiful that the whole family will love! Case in point, my super Easy Chicken and Polenta Dinner Recipe which pulls its flavor from Cucina Antica Garlic Marinara cooking sauce. Pull these unique and fun ingredients out of your pantry for a flavorful and fun dish that will be a family favorite from the very first bite.
If you have not discovered Cucina Antica cooking sauces then you are missing out. These will change your cooking from ordinary to extraordinary. I am a sauce snob having only used one brand my whole life. I liked it as the one my mom used and just stuck to it. But since discovering these unique and flavorful sauces, my opinion is changing one variety at a time. They work for any dish I make, like my 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Meatloaf that melts in your mouth! SO it makes sense that I would pull it out for this Easy Chicken and Polenta Dinner Recipe.
Let’s start with the basics. What is Polenta? Polenta is a cornmeal used in Italian cooking that has the consistency of grits. It can be grilled or fried and adds a creamy texture to any dish. I love it plain or flavored like the garlic and onion variety I used for this dish.
I love to cube it up, grill it in a pan with just cooking spray, top it with some cheese for a quick snack!
I thought it would pair well with this dish because it would soak up the Cucina Antica Garlic Marinara cooking sauce really well and I was right!
Now that we are all on the same page, let’s look at the recipe for my Easy Chicken and Polenta Dinner Recipe!
- 1 container of prepared garlic and onion polenta (in the refrigerated aisle)
- 2 chicken breast, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1½ cup Cucina Antica Garlic Marinara cooking sauce
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese
- Slice the polenta into ½ inch slices. Place in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Let grill about 2-3 minutes until a golden yellow and then flip for another 2 minutes. Place on a plate.
- Meanwhile, create a breading station with a bowl with the egg and a plate with the breadcrumbs.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, use a mallet to this the chicken breast out. Dip the thin chicken in the egg and then coat in the bread crumbs.
- Add the tablespoon of oil to the same pan the polenta cooked in and lightly fry the chicken until done. About 2-3 minutes each side.
- Top the chicken with the Cucina Antica Garlic Marinara cooking sauce and let simmer a few minutes. Transfer the chicken to the same dish as the polenta and then allow the leftover sauce to reduce a few more minutes.
- Top the chicken and polenta with more sauce and then garnish with the pepper jack cheese and serve.
Doesn’t this look amazing? It tastes even better!
The creaminess of the polenta with the rich garlic and tomato flavor of the sauce blends to make your taste buds sing!
This is an easy and flavorful dish that anyone can make in a pinch! Just make sure you have the right ingredients on hand!