This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Check out this coupon for $0.50 OFF SUPER Snack Packs at Walmart
Springtime is here! At least in South Texas! The sky is blue, the clouds are fluffy and the attitudes of all coming out of a grey Winter are improving with each ray of sunshine. With the sun and birds and flowers and pollen comes my creative juices. I want to celebrate Spring in the most fun ways for my kids. With Easter coming early this morning, I have limited time but a million ideas. Walking through the aisles of Walmart the other day, enjoying the fact that Spring Break was over and my kids were back in school – you understand! – I saw that one of my families favorite snacks, Snack Pack puddings now come in SUPER Snack Pack sizes! With calcium equal to an 8 ounce glass of milk in these bad boys, I have to grab the Chocolate and Vanilla. An idea popped in my head! What about a fun mix-in for the kids? Better yet, how about a Springtime or Easter mix-in to make them even more special. Hence was born my Carrot Patch Pudding Cups!
These are so incredibly fun and easy to make. Plus, since the easy open lids are easier for kids, this is a great treat to have them help you make! I simple used color mist food spray, candy melts and my imagination to make these Carrot Patch Pudding Cups really spectacular! Of course, it helps that the delicious, creamy taste of Snack Pack pudding makes the entire thing so easy to enjoy!
Let me take you step by step so you can see how 4 ingredients plus the SUPER Snack Packs can make these awesome Carrot Patch Pudding Cups!
1) Purchase Chocolate and Vanilla SUPER Snack Packs in the pudding aisle at Walmart. They are with the other puddings on the baking aisle in mine.
2) Purchase coconut flakes and green color mist food coloring spray (I found it in the craft baking aisle at Walmart). In addition, purchase orange and green candy melts that are also in the craft baking aisle by the fabrics in my store.
3) Make sure you have an icing tool with a small tip. I used the 5 and 3 for my favorite icing tool ever. I used the 5 for the carrot and the 3 for the fronds on top of the carrot.
4) Lay out parchment paper and spread the coconut on it. Hold the color mist over the coconut fairly high. You don’t want to spray the coconut off the paper. As you see color and thus are weighing down the coconut, move closer to get a deeper color. You don’t have to make it all solid green. In fact, I love the look of some white poking out for depth! Put aside to dry for at least 10 minutes.
5) Lay out another piece of parchment paper. Melt the orange candy melts as instructed on the package. Fill your icing tool with the candy and using a side to side motion, draw your carrots on the paper. I tried a lot of different ways to do this but found that waiting for the candy to cool for just a minute gave me thicker, easier to glide carrot making. Let the carrots dry as you melt the green candy melts.
6) Melt the green candy melts and put them in your icing tool or piping bag with the smaller line tip. Gently draw three fronds on the top of the carrots, making sure they overlap so they stick to the orange carrots. Set aside carrots as you clean up. That gives about the right time for them to harden.
7) Open your SUPER Snack Packs, which are so much easier now, with less splatter, and lay the green coconut on top. Add your carrots to the top, gently pushing the tip down into the pudding. Stand back and admire your Carrot Patch Pudding Cups that almost look too good to eat.
But not quite!
The candy and coconut mixed with the rich chocolate or vanilla pudding is an awesome snack for kids to grown ups! I really like the SUPER Snack Packs and have them in stock at home now for that fun after school snack!
How would your dress up your Snack Pack? What would you mix-in? I would love to hear!