Recipe by Beth M.
Our family loves a delicious and moist banana bread. This recipe is designed for all of the banana lovers out there who appreciate the mingled flavors of chocolate and nuts along with rich banana! We eat a lot of bananas around here; but sometimes we end up with a week of “no banana love” and they become overly ripe. That is what I call a WIN because I can make banana bread and throw it in the freezer for a lovely breakfast down the road. With this week’s browned bananas I have made a positively delectable cake and there were no leftovers of any sort!
This rich banana cake might be the BEST banana dessert that I have ever put on my fork! I enjoy using a fluted cake pan, so if you do not have one, be sure to take a look at them for years of use and great recipes!
- 4 Very Ripe Bananas
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 3.4oz package of Banana Cream Pudding Mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas until creamy and smooth
- Add sour cream, cinnamon, pudding, eggs and oil and mix until well blended.
- Add the cake mix and blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
While your banana cake is in the over you can prepare your topping. The topping I made is very rich, so if you are looking for something a tad lighter to go with this already rich cake, you can simply make a glaze to drizzle on the top.
- 4 oz. Cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 T. butter softened to room temperature.
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ Cup cocoa
- 1 T. light corn syrup
- 2 Cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of crushed pecans
- 1 cup crushed dark chocolate morsels.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth, add vanilla, corn syrup, cocoa and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add frosting to cooled banana cake
- Mix crushed pecans and chocolate morsels.
- Using your hand cupped around the cake, pour the mixture into your hand and press lightly into the chocolate frosting until cake is completely covered.
This cake is so enjoyable that any frosting you choose for the top will be absolutely tasty. You can even enjoy the cake plain or with fresh bananas for a perfect coffee companion!
By the way, get a good Food Processor to make this even easier online! We love this Cuisinart one!
Get more great Recipes including our Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cake too!