I love my crock pot and all of the awesome things I can make in it. Since purchasing my 3.5 Cuisinart programmable slow cooker, I have gone kinda crazy with recipes. Some are good, some are decent and some are AMAZING! Like my Chicken Alfredo that I still make almost weekly. Now that recipe has some competition as the family favorite though as my Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken has now become the most requested!
- 4 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 8 slices thin cut Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ - 1 cup italian flavored bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Set the crock pot to 7 - 8 hours on low. Add frozen (or thawed) chicken breasts. Lay the chicken on the bottom. Layer cheese over the chicken. Add can of soup and bread crumbs. Drizzle melted butter over bread crumbs. Let cook. Serve.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it gives you a tangy, cheesy chicken that your kids will love too. I could have eaten the entire crock pot clean as the cheese and bread crumbs mixed together with the tender chicken.
Double the ingredients in a larger crock pot for that dinner party and watch as your guests can not get enough of this unique recipe. I have seen this made with dumplings and with bread pieces but I love the addition of the Italian Bread Crumbs best.
Serve this as the savory part of a balanced meal and impress the most discerning members of your family!
What is your favorite Slow Cooker recipe? I would love to hear!
Get more Slow Cooker recipes in the 12 Hour Slow Cooker Recipes-cookbook!