I am forever trying to get my kids to eat good stuff. There are always things they will say no to but that I want to make anyway. A while back, I made meatloaf and they would not eat it. They would eat meatballs so it made me crazy that I could not get them to understand that it is basically the same thing! So, the other day, craving my super easy Turkey Meatloaf, I got creative. I made Healthier Mini Turkey Meatloaf in small cupcake tins and my kids loved them!
It helped that I had them help me put the mixture in the pan too. Getting kids involved in cooking really has made them less weary of trying new things!
The recipe is simple and the getting the kids to eat it was even easier!
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- ½ bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ or less mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Spray mini cupcake tin with cooking spray. Mix meat, egg, bread crumbs, ketchup and Worcestershire in a bowl. Mix well and add spoonfuls to the cupcake tin to the top. Bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to taste. Top the mini meatloaf with it.
My daughters loved mixing and topping off the tins with the meat. When it was time to sit down and enjoy with some delicious vegetables, they all ate up the meatloaf without a complaint!
I love making something old fun for my kids! Try this idea with your recipes and see if you can get your kids to eat good food that they would not before!