From what I understand, Spring might actually be here to stay this time. I know, I know… I just jinxed us but I remain hopeful! With that in mind, the spirit of blooming flowers, birds singing and the sun shining is lifting my spirits as we speak! So it seems to enhance the mood, it is time for some Springtime Filled Cake Cookies! Easy to make, delicious to eat, fun to share! Check out this easy recipe below!
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil until mixture forms a dough.
- Form dough into 1" balls and place on prepared sheet gently pressing down to flatten to about 2" round.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until edges just start to brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Divide into equal size batches of the number of colors desired and add several drops of color to each.
- Transfer icing to piping bag or to a zippered bag and clip corner.
- Pipe icing onto a cookie starting around edge and filling to middle. Top with another cookie, gently pressing together.
The fun of these is the play with color. You can get the Neon Food Coloring online or in stores and even mix and match for more fun cookies! You can even add sprinkles around the edges for more pop!
The cookies are so delicious made with the cake mix too. My dream is to one day get a standing mixer so I don’t have to hold the mixer but until then, a hand held works just fine!
How do you dress up your Springtime recipes? I would love to hear!
Get more cookies ideas in the Kindle Edition of Cookie Indulgence: 150 Easy Cookie Recipes. It’s FREE right now too!