**Recipe By Beth**
If you are looking to WOW some company or just want to try something a bit different than the norm for breakfast; this savory french bread breakfast bake is magnificently tasty! We are always trying new things around our house and this recipe was a hit for us and our company!
Are you having company and need something to prepare for breakfast the night before? This is perfect! Simply follow the directions for the “inside mixture” and save. The next morning you can just fill your emptied french bread boat and pop in the oven for a quick satisfying breakfast!
- 2 French Bread loaves (Use ½ the recipe to make only one).
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ pound sausage (We used spicy)
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 Cups Shredded Hash Brown
- ½ Cup Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Cups of Cheese
- Scoop out the centers of your french bread and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk 4 eggs vigorously, add Milk, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Pour over the scooped out french bread "center" then fold together until blended well and set aside.
- Brush EVOO lightly over the insides of all french bread pieces
- Cook sausage and onion over medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain and place in mixing bowl, set aside.
- Cook shredded hash browns until golden brown and add to cooked sausage.
- Cook the egg and french bread mixture over medium heat until egg is fully cooked and fluffy. Add to the sausage, hash browns mixture.
- Add: cream of mushroom soup and cheese to sausage, egg & bread, and hash browns. Mix until blended.
- Spoon mixture into the french bread "boats" and add the top.
- Cover in foil, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees or until the inside mixture is hot and cheese has melted.