Who doesn’t love a good cookie? The perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth craving is with a cookie filled with chocolate chips. These Pretzel Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies are just what you need but with the perfect added touch of salty flavor.
I seriously just love anything right now with a little salty addition. Who would have thought the addition of pretzels to cookies could taste so good! Everyone has their favorite type of cookies – crunchy, chewy, gooey, and cakey. I like a good mix of goeey and chewy, and prefer the crunch to stay out of them.
The pretzel chunks may change my mind, though. With these cookies you get the perfect mix of a chewy cookie with a nice crunch from the pretzels. If you’re a milk dunker I think you’ll especially like these. A glass of milk is definitely not a necessity with these, however.
Do you know what I especially love about making cookies? I almost always have every ingredient I need in my pantry. You probably do too. The only thing you may not have on hand are the pretzels and chocolate chips – but who doesn’t keep a bag of chocolate chips hidden in a drawer somewhere? We are moms afterall.
- ¾ cup softened Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1½ tsp Vanilla
- 2¼ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 12 oz Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups chopped Pretzel Rods
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter, sugar and dark sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Fold in morsels and pretzels until combined.
- Drop tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks and allow to cool 15 minutes.
Are you ready for this explosion of sweet and salty in your mouth? If you make these, I’d love to hear your thoughts.