Cheese and Bacon, Bacon and Cheese. What’s not to love about that combination? Absolutely nothing. What can make it better? Adding peppers, chicken and barbecue sauce of course. This is a weeknight meal you can enjoy that is bursting with flavor.
You’ll want to start this dish by frying up some bacon, and if you’re like me you’ll want to toss in an extra slice to munch on while you continue cooking the rest of the meal. Take some deep breaths and enjoy the smell. You’ll set aside the bacon, but cook up the veggies in the same pan. This will help meld all the flavors together.
To prepare the chicken, butterfly cut them first. A great kitchen tip here is to stretch any chicken meal, all you need to do is butterfly them. Cooked up they look the same, but you have twice the amount! If you’re trying to eat a little less, this helps your plate still appear full, while enjoying a smaller portion.
Now who’s ready for a good chicken dinner? The Pepper Jack cheese adds a little bit of spice, but with all the flavors melding together from the bacon, vegetable, and sauce, it won’t be a problem for those opposed to a little heat, while still satisfying for those who do.
- 2lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ Cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- 4 oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Multicolor Peppers, cut into strips
- ½ cup Onions, cut into strips
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Fry bacon until cooked but not crisp. Drain bacon. remove most of the grease, leaving 1-2 tablespoons in the skillet.
- Sautee peppers, garlic and onions over medium heat until tender. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Split chicken breast halves to a thickness of about ½".
- Dip each piece into flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in the skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in prepared dish.
- Spread barbecue sauce over each chicken piece.
- Top with peppers and onions.
- Cover each with cheese and top with bacon.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Get more great chicken recipes with the awesome cookbook, Chicken Breast Recipes: Your Guide to Easy and Tasty Chicken Breast
Leave A Comment