This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
See more great M&M’s® Crispy recipe and party ideas on the M&M’s® Crispy social hub!
They are BACK!! M&M’s® Crispy candies are back on shelves at Walmart! It’s about time, I have to say. A while back I got hooked on these crispy little treats and then they were gone! So before we get started, that explains my emptying of the display that housed these little nuggets of crispy happiness in my mouth! What’s even better than knowing M&M’s® Crispy are back? They also carry them in a 180 calorie snack bag!!
Yes, I put that last sentence in bold. Why? Because I am fully willing to admit that while I could devour a Mega Bag of M&M’s® Crispy, it is probably better that I pace myself, enjoying them a little at a time. With only 180 calories in these little bags, I can indulge and not feel like I am missing out on a seriously delicious candy!
Recently I hired a personal trainer and nutritionist to help me get my body back to where I want it to be. While my overall diet will be changing dramatically, even she says that a little treat here and there that feels like an indulgence never hurt anyone. I mentioned the little bags of M&M’s® Crispy to her and she said these bags would be a perfect little treat when I just need one! So if the nutritionist says it’s OK…
If you have not had M&M’s® Crispy yet, then let me tempt your taste buds with this delightful candy! Classic M&M’s® chocolate and their candy shell cover a center of crisp candy that pops in your mouth when you eat them. They are so good that my kids literally wanted them for dinner the other night.
Unfortunately for them, they had to settle for a piece of my M&M’s Crispy Ice Cream Pie Instead! Yes, talk about a pie that will send you instantly to a happy place! This pie is creamy, cold, crispy and delicious! It’s cookie crust holds the ice cream filled with M&M’s® Crispy candies and a slice is a little bit of heaven.
- 1 Mega Gag M&M's® Crispy candies
- 1 large roll of chocolate chip cookie dough
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 container whipped cream
- Use a rolling pin and flour to roll out the cookie dough into a thin sheet. Place in your pie dish and bake according to directions. Cookie will ride as it cooks and may be softer in the middle than the edge. As it cools, use the bottom of a glass to press the crust into the plate, flattening it and making it more dense. Meanwhile, fold the whipped cream into the softened ice cream, making a fluffy mixture. Add ½ a bag of M&M's® Crispy candies and fold in gently, trying to prevent too much color run. Pour into the cookie crust and top with a handful of M&M's® Crispy. Freeze for 6-10 hours until really firm. Pull out and let soften a little, add the rest of the M&M's® Crispy and serve. You can also add some chocolate syrup to add to the look of the pie.
The flavor that comes out of this 4 ingredient pie is amazing. Make it easier by using some flour on the rolling pin, cutting board and dough when you roll out the cookie dough. I actually did the crush in two pieces and used my hands to meld it together. As the cookie crust cooks, it will bubble up. It will deflate a little as it cools but I helped compact it even more with the bottom of a glass. The thinner the crust, the more space for ice cream!
The scrumptious pie is so easy to fall in love with. The chewy cookie pairs with the crispy crunch plus the cool, whipped textured ice cream gives everyone something they love. It just does not get better than this! Find your M&M’s® Crispy in the aisle at Walmart. I found them near the Easter items and stocked up!
What recipes can you make with the return of M&M’s® Crispy? I would love to hear your idea!