Get ready to fall deeply in love with your Instant Pot and spaghetti again! This easy recipe impressed even the pickiest of my kids and it took no time to throw together. This Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe includes some veggies that are hidden in the deliciousness of the sauce that most kids will happily, and unknowingly, eat! Plus it is great for a last minute dinner that makes great leftovers too!
Check out and print the recipe below:
- 1lb. lean ground
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini noodles
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 regular size bag of spaghetti noodles (around 340g)
- 1 jar tomato based past sauce (around 650ml)
- Turn the instant pot to saute, add the ground beef and onion. Cook the ground beef stirring regularly until browned.
- Add garlic and other spice, toasting them in a hot, dry pan helps bring a kick of flavor.
- Add chicken broth and scrap the bottom of pan will hard spoon or spatula to prevent and burning.
- Add all the vegetable you have chosen to use.
- Turn off your Instant Pot
- Break spaghetti in half and place a thin, even layer across meat mixture, do not stir. Place another thin, even layer of noodles on top of the first layer but in the opposite direction. Repeat until noodles are all used and alternating directions each time. This is to prevent a clumping of the noodles.
- Gently press down noodles, without breaking, to submerge as much a possible into broth mixture. Don't worry if noodles are still exposed, they will be covered by your sauce.
- Take past sauce a spread evenly across the top layer of noodles. Spread as evenly as possible trying to cover every noodle.
- Place instant pot lid back on the instant pot and turn it to pressure cook (high pressure) and select a cook time of 2 minutes. It will take 10-15 minutes to reach desired pressure and will begin counting down once started.
- When the cook time is over, turn the instant pot off and let the pressure release naturally ( maybe 3-5 minutes.) You can also do a controlled release, by holding the valve open slightly to gradually release the pressure.
- Stir well to combine sauce, noodle, and meat.
Get your Instant Pot on Amazon on at your retailer today and make dinners like this all week long!
What is your favorite Instant Pot recipe?