I am packing up the kids and heading to SNIP-ITS in Rice Village this weekend!
They are having their GRAND OPENING Saturday June 18 from 9am – 5pm and Sunday June 19 from 11am – 5pm!
CLICK BELOW TO GET A $10 HAIRCUT COUPON
Exclusively from www.ADayinMotherhood.com
I’ll be there early Saturday so if you see me, come say HI!
As part of grand opening, Snip-its Rice Village will donate 15 percent of its proceeds from the weekend to the Houston Walk Now for Autism Speaks. The Snip-its Corporation partnered with the national Autism Speaks organization to create a haircutting guide for stylists and parents of children with autism. All of Snip-its’ stylists are trained to work with children with autism and other special needs. In addition to donating 15 percent of its grand opening profits, Snip-its Rice Village will allow parents of children with special needs to make haircut appointments on an on-going basis. (Appointments generally are not accepted unless you purchase an annual VIP package.)
Come on, that is just great!
Snip-its (www.snipits.com), one of the country’s fastest-growing chains of children’s hair salons, is opening in Houston’s Rice Village next weekend on Rice Boulevard beside TCBY Yogurt. Owned by local couple (and parents), Wesley and Alane Middleton, Snip-its will be the area’s first kids-only salon to offer haircuts, spa services and birthday parties. In addition, the salon will offer entertainment, prizes, natural hair care products, accessories and toys, and more. The grand opening will take place on Saturday, June 18, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday, June 19, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Children will enjoy live music from Andrew “AndyRoo” Karnavas on Saturday; face painting; balloon animals; “Snips,” the Snip-its mascot; snacks; and more.
Your baby needs their 1st Haircut?
Snip-its Rice Village also offers a “baby’s first haircut” package, which includes a special keepsake for that first lock of hair, a first haircut certificate, and a commemorative photo and holder.
AND, they do Parties!
In addition to hair care, the Rice Village location will offer spa services, such as mini-manicures, mini- pedicures and mini-facials using non-toxic, kid-friendly cosmetics and nail polish; birthday parties; and events. For birthday parties, children will be able to select from one of five fun-filled-themes, including:
- Glamour Party – The birthday child and special guests glam it up in feathers, sequins and sparkles, then strut their stuff down our “catwalk” with their new party hair style, make-up and nails.
- Spa Party – Pampered is the key word here. The birthday child and guests wear pink VIP robes for an afternoon of cucumber facials, mini manicures and/or mini pedicures.
- Hollywood Party – This is for the little star who belongs on the red carpet. After the birthday child and his/her entourage get their movie-star makeover with a party hair style, make-up, nails and wardrobe, they take a walk down the red carpet while surrounded by paparazzi.
- Rock Star Party – Kids dreaming of becoming the next Hannah Montana or Justin Bieber will love this party theme, which includes getting the “rock-star treatment” of a funky hairstyle, make-up, nails and accessories. The little Rock Star then jams to karaoke tunes with his/her biggest fans.
- Slumber Jam Party – It’s a pretend sleepover! The birthday girl and friends get to wear their pajamas for this party, held after-hours at the salon, while they do each other’s makeup and nails. Of course, dancing and singing are part of the “sleepover” fun.
All parties include invitations, birthday cake, favors, and a special gift for the birthday child.
**I will be receiving a gift pack of items from Snip Its as compensation for this post. I will also be taking advantage of the coupon offered.**