***Recipe by Beth M.***
My kiddos love anything sour; however, Grilled Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Sauce is anything but tart! The delicately mingled flavors are bursting with lemon in a sweet refreshing dessert! This was a recipe on a whim and my kids helped me put it all together, and of course… they jumped at the chance to taste test for me!
Tot Talks: This is pretty awesome! We could have this when we go visit grandma and grandpa. They would especially love it because lemons are something that you just can’t get in Ohio. Well, except at the store… so I guess they will have to buy them at the store to make the sauce; but what if they had their own lemon tree? That would be really cool. Then we could eat this all the time!
Tot #2 Talks: It’s good; do you think anyone made a Hello Kitty cake out of this cake? I would eat that one too!
- 1 Pound Cake Package
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Extract
- (Make Pound Cake per instructions, add the lemon extract before baking)
- Lemon Sauce
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅛ Cup Cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1¾ cups boiling water
- 2 T. Lemon zest
- 1 Freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 T. Butter
- Cut slices of the lemon pound cake, butter each side lightly and grill on a griddle until each side is golden brown. Set aside.
- Make your lemon sauce:
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the sugar, cornstarch, salt and boiling water.
- Stir constantly until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and butter, continue to stir.
- **I added a couple drops of yellow food coloring** to really give the sauce a glow.
- **Strain the lemon zest out of the sauce if desired**
- Pour over cut, cooled ready to serve lemon pound cake.
- Add a spoonful of whipped topping to the top of your lemon dessert!
Want more fun kids recipes? Check them out!
TotsTalkToys.com is Brand New! Please stay connected to us and share with Tots you know!