As you may know if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, I have hired a nutritionist and am trying to learn as much as I can about clean eating in the real world as I can. I have three kids, a busy life, a busy blog and a busy everything so I don’t have time for complicated meals. Kale shakes and elaborate recipes aside, I have to be able to feed me and three busy little girls and do it well. So my nutritionist, Shelley, and I headed to the store to gather some ingredients I would need to get this clean eating thing started. With items like ground chicken, precooked brown rice, frozen spinach and eggs, I discovered that Clean Eating Chicken Lettuce Wraps are now a new favorite! They are so good that I have to share them with you!
- ¼ pound ground chicken, browned
- ¼ cup chopped spinach, frozen
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown rice, individual cups from the store
- bib lettuce or any flavor you want
- No salt seasoning
- I browned a pound of ground chicken to save some for later in a non-stick pan or with a quarter sized spray of cooking spray. Add a few dashes of your no salt seasoning as it cooks. Once brown, set aside in the container you will store the extra in. Put the spinach in the same non-stick pan. As soon as it is thawed, add your egg. Meanwhile, cook your cup of brown rice in the microwave. When your egg is almost done, toss in the brown rice and blend together. Take off the burner. On your plate, lay out three lettuce leaves. Add mixture on top. Add a quick dash of your no salt seasoning and enjoy!
This has to be my favorite recipe so far! And trust me, there have been some amazing one, all of which I will share with you as I can!
My kid are going to love these as well as the egg adds a bit of creaminess. Also, the chicken and rice overshadow the spinach and makes it more of a background hint of flavor than you would think. You really can barely taste it!
These not only fill you up and make you feel like you are savoring something that can not be good for you, but they are easy to make and enjoy at any time.
Stay tuned for even more clean eating recipes! I will still enjoy the flavors of other foods too, but as I embark on learning what I can about foods and creating a cleaner diet for the girls and I, I will pass it on to you as well!