**I am so excited to bring you this post in partnership with Hass Avocado. All opinions are my own.**
There is nothing more delicious than adding creamy, rich Hass Avocado’s to a meal. I can add sliced Avocado to everything from an omelette to a bacon lettuce tomato sandwich to using it to hold my favorite chicken salad. In fact, I love them so much that I buy them in bulk, slice them up and enjoy them as a healthy snack with my kids! Avocados are a nutrient-dense, versatile fruit – yes, a fruit! – that can be eaten alone or used in a variety of tasty recipes – from soups to salads to smoothies – all of which fit into a sensible eating plan. I like to use them to hold my Dill Chicken Salad recipe the best. But we will get to that recipe in a moment. First, we need to watch the Love One Today video that explains more about how awesome avocados are for the whole family (watch it now, you will need it for the $50 giveaway below!)
One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 oz.) has 50 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs. Although phytonutrients are not essential, they may promote human health. Plus, Avocados can be a satisfying addition to a reduced-calorie diet when eaten it place of other fat sources. I love them because they make me feel like I am cheating when on a reduced calorie diet, though I am so not.
- Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat. Naturally good fats are an important
- part of a healthy diet.
- Good fat in avocado can replace saturated fat
- Fresh avocados are cholesterol and sodium free, making them a satisfying and enjoyable snack.
- Each one-ounce (one-fifth of a medium avocado) serving contains:
- o 8% DV fiber 1 oz. serving
- o 4% DV potassium per 1 oz. serving (one-fifth of a medium avocado)
- o 2% DV iron per 1 oz. serving
- o 81 mcg lutein & zeaxanthin
- o Less than 1 gram sugar
- Additional nutrient information found here
Now, be sure to watch the Love One Today video to learn even more! I’ll be asking a question about it in the below giveaway and knowing the answer is required for entry!
Now that we all know that Avocados act as a “nutrient booster” by helping the body to better absorb fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha- and beta-carotene and lutein, from foods that are eaten with the fruit, let’s get to my amazing Dill Chicken Salad with Avocado Recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dill, fresh or dill weed, dried
- Hass Avocado, sliced, or halved and filled with salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix Chicken, celery, mayo and dill in a bowl. Serve either in a Hass Avocado half or slice avocado to go on top. Serve
How delicious is this? Try it on crackers or serve it inside of an Avocado to make it pop for guests!
Now that we are all Avocado craving and wanting to run to the store so that we can add this delicious fruit to our dishes, let’s give you a gift card to help on the trip!
Now be sure to watch the video because about 1/2 way through, a little boy answers the question, ‘Where does dairy come from?’. His answer is hysterical!! So watch it now and get ready to answer the question!! The answer is around the 1:40 mark, so ya know :)
The Giveaway: ONE (1) of my readers will WIN a $50 Visa Gift Card! Just enter below and GOOD LUCK!
Giveaway Open to US Residents, 18+. Giveaway ends 11/16/2014.