I have some really awesome treats coming up but I thought I would pass this one up first! Why? Because it is delicious and 2, because they need to be shared! Enjoy these Cherry Limeade Cupcakes and let me know how they come out for you!
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
Create delicious cupcakes with flavor and fun!
Author: ADayinMotherhood.com (Lori)
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup thawed Limeade Concentrate
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- Green Food Coloring (optional)
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp liquid from Maraschino Cherries
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Make cupcakes according to box directions, substituting limeade concentrate for water and adding food color if desired. Allow cupcakes to completely cool. Cream butter, cherry liquid and powdered sugar in mixing bowl. Add red food color if desired. Slowly add additional cherry juice until desired consistency icing is reached. Frost cupcakes and optionally top with a cherry and lime slice.
The best part about these cupcakes is the decorating. And the flavor. But the decorating is so much fun! The biodegradable paper straws are perfect for a cool drink or decorating these gems! Of course, no Cherry Limeade cupcake will sparkle without the right food coloring. I love the Wilton food coloring because it is so easy to use. I find a lot of Wilton at Walmart but also order online to make things easier.
Getting Limeade concentrate can be a harder endeavor for these. Just look in the frozen juice aisle at your local grocery and you should be able to find it. It will give these a beautiful flavor that you won’t find anywhere else. Try these with orange concentrate and even lemon concentrate too!
Who do you know that would love these cupcakes? I would love to hear even more ideas on how you would serve them!
Leave A Comment