**Recipe by Beth M.**
Dinner time can become pretty mundane, so we are always trying new recipes around our home. Our cheese stuffed Italian burger on a toasted ciabatta bun is here to save the day! We do not often cook pasta with sauce, but we love the Italian Seasoning and sorted blends of flavors. This burger was an idea that came to flourish in a pinch for a quick dinner; and we love it!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 minced small onion
- Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 Ciabatta Buns
- Mix the onion and hamburger well.
- Patty the burger into 6 equal patties and sprinkle on salt, pepper and ⅛ Tsp. Italian seasoning to each patty.
- Using two patties, place quartered provolone cheese and ⅓ of your mozzarella in the center of the burger.
- Apply another layer of burger and seal the 2 layers together with your fingers and round back up with your hands; going around the entire burger to ensure there are no holes.
- Continue with the 4 other patties.
- Heat frying pan to low-med heat and add to pan.
- In a 12" pan, add 2-4 T. of water to the bottom. You want to create steam, but not douse the burgers in water.
- Add a small metal lid over top the burger, cooking each one separately if needed.
- Cook each side 6-8 minutes or until. The inside of the burger will be well done, and the cheese will be gooey.
- Toast your ciabatta buns by applying small amount of butter/or spray butter. Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Place your burger in the bun and add 1-2 T. hot spaghetti sauce to the top & serve.
The middle is a delicious layer of ooey gooey cheese blended to compliment the Italian flavors. This burger is moist and juicy, sure to be a crowd-pleasing delight!
How do you spruce up your burgers? Get more Recipes for awesome ideas!