This is guest review and recipe from Adelina at Home Maid Simple. Opinions are 100% authentic.
Holidays and cold weather on the horizon all call for something warm to drink. I was inspired by the holiday flavors from Nonni’s Biscotti to create one of my favorite beverages at home – Caramel Apple Cider.
See I have confession! I love the Caramel Apple Spice Cider at Starbucks. I don’t buy anything else there. It’s oh so yummy. Well when I saw Nonni’s Biscotti had a new limited edition Caramel Apple Biscotti, I had to try it. On top of that, I figured why not try and make a Caramel Apple Cider at home.
It’s quite simple really. First you need a gallon of fresh apple cider and caramel sauce. Add a spice packet made out of a cheesecloth, and simmer away. When done enjoy with a Caramel Apple Biscotti from Nonni’s, and a dollop of cool whip.
- 1 gallon Apple Cider
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce
- ¼ tsp Apple Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Grated Orange Peel
- ¼ tsp Grated Lemon Peel
- Combine Apple Cider and Caramel Sauce in a large saucepan.
- Layer 4 square pieces of cheesecloth together.
- Combine the spices in the center of the cheesecloth. Pull up the sides and tie with bakers twine.
- Drop the spice packet into the cider.
- Simmer on medium-low for 30+ minutes. Serve hot.
Want to win Nonni’s Holiday Biscotti? Just enter below, and Good Luck!
Giveaway ends 11/15/2015. Giveaway Open to US residents, 18+