This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you know that last week I hosted 4 of my brothers and their entire families. With the girls and I, the total number of humans in this house was 17! I shopped, I cooked, I cleaned – with their help, of course – and the week was amazing. A true family reunion 36 years in the making! When they left, however, I realized that I had eaten a whole lot of stuff that I normally don’t. Ice cream, cookies, brownies, chips, dip and more. I feel the difference in my body. I am off balance, if you will. I don’t like it one bit. So the other day, while shopping – again – at Walmart, I picked up some of the new LEAN CUISINE® varieties for breakfast, lunch and dinner and have been trying to get Back to Balance with them!
Breakfast is the one thing I always forget to have. I know that it is the most important food that I should have every day to maintain a healthier lifestyle. But like most moms, by the time I get the kids off to school, myself set for the day and my head set on straight, I forget. So to help motivate me to remember, I bought the super delicious NEW! LEAN CUISINE® Morning Collection™ Turkey Sausage Scramble. It is SO GOOD guys! It has Turkey sausage with egg whites, roasted red potatoes, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, red peppers & onion. The flavor is awesome and I, literally, could eat it every morning. With it taking less than 4 minutes to make, it’s possible I would actually make it too!
Pairing it with a drink I make and enjoy all the time just adds to my excitement to eat breakfast. My Fizzy Breakfast Fruit Mocktail is so easy and so delicious! Combining refreshing fruit and the flavor of the LEAN CUISINE® Morning Collection™ Turkey Sausage Scramble is a great way to start the day!
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 small red apple
- 1 small green apple
- cranberry juice
- sparkling white grape juice
- Thinly slice the apples. Add half of the raspberries to the bottom of the glass. Add both red and green apples. Add the other half of the raspberries, holding 2 off for garnishing. Fill the cup half way with cranberry juice and finish it off with sparkling white grape juice. Garnish with the raspberries and enjoy
Now that I have had a great breakfast I can get on with my day of work and chores. As dinner approaches, however, I am reminded that I am trying to get Back to Balance after a very busy week. So I am glad that I also picked up the LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Sesame Chicken. This is a great dish with Sesame breaded chicken tenderloins with pasta. It has that Asian tang that I love and is in the portion I need. I simply added a green side salad with a lite dressing to complete dinner.
Though the two LEAN CUISINE® items I bought were new – and so delicious – I need more variety to stay on track resetting my body for 2015! So I purchased even more at Walmart from LEAN CUISINE® so that I don’t bore and fall off track! There are so many NEW additions that I had a hard time choosing! I mean, who would not love these?
- NEW! LEAN CUISINE® Morning Collection™ Veggie Scramble–Egg whites with roasted red potatoes, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, red peppers, onions and spinach.
- LEAN CUISINE® Morning Collection™ Turkey Sausage English Muffin–Turkey sausage with egg whites and reduced-fat cheese on an English muffin.
- LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Pepperoni Pizza–Pepperoni & basil with a four cheese blend
- LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls–White meat chicken, garlic, spinach, caramelized onions & Parmesan cheese.
Check out my Instagram Video that pairs these delicious items!
I have been slowly making my way through my stash and feel better than ever. I am sure to stay on track remembering to eat and choosing to eat a little better to maintain that balance we all need. Watch out world, when the great cold snap of 2015 is over and I add tennis back into my routine, an improved Lori will be ready to take on the world! Especially if I keep making my Fizzy Breakfast Fruit Mocktail!
Which variety of the NEW! LEAN CUISINE® items would you love most? Feel free to share below!
Also, don’t forget to connect with LEAN CUISINE® for great ideas and conversation on social media!