‘Oh My GOSH, these are AMAZING’
And that would be the first thing out of my mouth when I tasted this delicious dessert! Some desserts – like this one – are just worth making over and over again. I always order Boston Cream Pie Cakes in restaurants. They are delicious, creamy and look amazing! I have some friends coming over later this week, though, and I wanted something really unique and special to serve. I looked on the Kraft Website and found the easiest Boston Cream Pie Cake recipe. I adapted it using my Cake Boss Flower Cake Pan (I paid $16 at Walmart) and make the sweetest cakes to serve up!
This could not have been easier. Using all prepackaged material, I created these in no time.
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cold milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 round yellow cake layer (8 or 9 inch)
- 1 oz. BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Bake the cakes in a 350 degree oven according to the box instructions. Take them out and use a serrated knife to cut off any excess on the top so they sit flat. Pop them out of your sprayed pan onto a cooling rack. Let sit until they are room temperature. Use the serrated knife to cut the cakes in one or two layers. Mix the pudding with 1 cup of milk and the cup or so of COOL WHIP. Spread the pudding mixture between the layers. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the butter in the microwave. Add the sugar and the rest of the milk and blend. Gently pour over the top of the cakes. Refrigerate for an hour and serve!
With Valentine’s day coming up and everyone looking for that perfect treat for their love, try these cakes! They really are so simple and so delicious that you will be amazing that you created them your self!
I love baking treats that have a little twist to them. By using the flower pan, I got a great shape and an eye catching dessert that just takes it above your regular plan recipe. These would be awesome to use a mini fluted pan with too!
I don’t even have the words to tell you about how amazing these are. I have pretty good willpower these days and one taste and I had finished the whole thing. Your friends will think you slaved for hours and you have the right to act like you did!
What are your favorite desserts? I would love to hear them!