Wait for it…
I love chocolate, more chocolate and even more chocolate. As I sit writing this recipe out for you, I am enjoying a delicious, moist and light Java Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mocha Cream. What is Mocha Cream you ask? Oh just you wait… With a nice splash of International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee, this creamy cool topping enhances the flavor of the Java Chocolate Bundt Cake which also has the Iced Coffee in it. After all, the cake is only as good as it’s ingredients. I found International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee, and Caramel Macchiato because a girl has to have her coffee treats, in the tea and juice aisle at Walmart. Inspired by the rich flavors, I wanted to make a recipe that could be enjoyed all year long! This light Bundt cake is perfect with a glass of International Delight Iced Coffee whether it is warm or cold outside!
In case you have not been introduced to the amazing flavor of International Delight Iced Coffees, they are come in four flavors: Mocha, Vanilla, Caramel Macchiato, or Mocha Light. They are a staple in my house because they give me the coffeehouse taste without the coffeehouse hassle! Just pull it out of your fridge, pour it over ice and enjoy! It really is a great treat for those of us who love iced coffee all year round!
But more than a drink, International Delight Iced Coffees are a great addition to any recipe. This cake and Mocha Cream recipe called for coffee liquor. But I am not a fan of liquors so I substituted and ended up with a lighted, fluffier dessert for everyone to love!
Java Chocolate Bundt Cake
I don’t make a lot of cakes from scratch but love that this one tastes that way even though it starts with cake mix from the store. It does not take long to put together and comes out as rich and moist as you imagine!
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (4-serving) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, pudding mix, water, and International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee in a large bowl. Mix on medium-high speed or by hand until thoroughly blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Turn into a well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 20 minutes then remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, fold together remaining ingredients. When ready to serve, spoon a dollop over each slice of cake.
The steps are pretty easy.
Mocha Cream Recipe
You can certainly have the cake all by itself. It is amazing enough that it does not need anything else. BUT, why not enhance the flavor with a Mocha Cream that makes it pop even more? Again, adding International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee to the recipe gives it the creamy, coffee enhanced flavor we know and love. It really makes the cake pop without being too sweet!
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (an 8-ounce container equals 3-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (I did ground coffee as is for a thicker texture but you can make the coffee too and add it in)
- 2 tablespoons International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee
- Fold together the ingredients and refrigerate. Add a dollop to the cake when you are ready to serve it!
I can think of so many things to top with this cream. Using different flavors of International Delight Iced Coffees can change the flavor to add to puddings, custards and more! You won’t believe how creamy it is!
Making this is super simple. Make sure you refrigerate it!
What other recipes do you think International Delight Iced Coffees will enhance?