***Recipe by Beth M.***
There are some days (especially during the winter in Ohio) when a big bowl of hearty warm beef stew just hits the spot! This recipe is simple to throw together at midday for an evening promise of a delicious dinner. Starting with just basic ingredients and a packet of beef stew seasoning mix, you can walk away for hours just enjoying the aroma that fills your home!
I have tried adding all of the seasonings and making this recipe completely homemade, but I have found time and time again that using a pre-mixed seasoning is so much easier and a bit more tasty! I use a 4 quart slow cooker for most of my crock pot recipes, and it is one of my favorite kitchen appliances!
- Using a 4 Quart Crock Pot add:
- 2 lb. chunk beef cubes
- 1 Packet of Beef Stew Seasoning
- 2 T. Minced Garlic
- 4 Beef bouillon cubes
- 4-6 Cups of water, until beef cubes are ¾ covered in the water.
- One hour before serving:
- 1 cup baby carrots cut thick
- 1 chopped summer squash
- 2 Cups diced potato
- Cheese to top **Optional**
- Add first 5 ingredients and power slow cooker on High for 5-6 hours.
- Add Next 3 ingredients and cook for 1 hour more
- Add cheese to individual bowls if desired and broil for 5 minutes
This recipe may take several hours to prepare, but it is so simple to throw together and walk away. You can cook on low for 8 hours if you are going to be at work all day and you will still get the same delicious flavors. This hearty dinner is served with round butter flavored crackers and leaves you feeling full and warm!
Serve up a bowl of this tasty homestyle beef stew for cheers all around! The cheese is optional and always a huge hit with our family. Finding the perfect warm meal during the icy winter days is easy with this hearty beef stew recipe!