I am getting my family on track this summer! Healthier eating, more exercise, more imagination and creative play! One snack that my family is never unhappy to eat are Old London’s Bagel Chips, Melba Toast and Melba Snacks. I use them for all kinds of quick lunches for my kids and healthier snacks for me and my husband!
From topping them with Tuna Fish Salad or Egg Salad to creating fun Mini Cheeseburger for my kids! The snacks and toasts are so versatile! The Mini Cheeseburgers are the favorite so I am going to share with you how incredibly easy it is!
Lori’s Mini Open Faced Cheeseburgers
2 Packets of Melba Toast (I used Rosemary & Olive Oil)
4 Slices of Low Fat Cheese
8 Frozen Meatballs (or Turkey Balls)
Low Fat butter
Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the Melba Toast on a cookie sheet. Butter lightly. Meanwhile, cook the meatballs for just a minute or so in the microwave. Just to make them warm enough to cut. Slice each one in half and put two halves on each toast. Top with a half of a slice of cheese. Put in the over for about 5 minutes and wala… mini open faced cheeseburgers that your kids will LOVE!
Add some fruit and vegetable and you have a fun, healthier than the real thing, easy warm lunch for your kids!
Pretty easy right?
Other great options with Old London products are available on their website! There are creations from appetizers to scrumptious desserts as well!
Old London can be a healthy, fun and very tasty part of your daily diet! Check out some of these great tips from Chelsea Hightower!
- Take your workouts outside. While a walk around your neighborhood might seem less exciting than a hike around Greek ruins, try to find something in your local outdoors that motivates and excites you. Explore a local park or a new neighborhood route to change up your fitness routine.
- Make healthy meal choices. I try to stick to a Mediterranean influenced diet that is rich in olive oil, vegetables, fruit, fish and dairy. I enjoy finding recipes online and then trying them at home. Old London has some great recipes on their Facebook page.
- Give yourself a break. We all need to recharge our batteries every once in a while. If you can’t take a vacation, plan a day or a weekend at home when you can have a little “me time” to just relax and do whatever makes you happy.
- Reach for healthy snacks. I keep smart snack options on hand to keep my energy up between meals like a handful of almonds, some Greek yogurt and honey or a few Old London Melba Snacks with hummus.
- Go dancing. In Greece, dancing is a large part of any celebration or gathering. I love going dancing with friends; not only do we have a great time but I also get a workout!
- Healthy Living = Happiness. You don’t have to wait for a special occasion to plan a gettogether. Invite friends and family over just because! Ask guests to bring a dish, or set out appetizers like olives, cheese and Old London Melba Toast for everyone to enjoy. I’ve found being happy is a big step to staying healthy.
- Love yourself. People come in all shapes and sizes, and what works on others won’t necessary work for you. Being healthy is about how you feel. Stop comparing yourself to others and begin loving the person you are from head to toe.
And now, the SWEEPSTAKES!
Visit Facebook.com/OldLondonFoods to get tips on living a healthy lifestyle and your chance to
One Grand Prize: 8-day/7-night trip for two to Greece.
Prize includes the following:
Round trip (coach class) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner’s home address
Seven nights (double occupancy) first class hotel accommodations in Athens, Mykonos and Santorini
$2,000 gift card for spending money
You can’t win if you don’t enter so you’d better get to it!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.