Hi. My name is Kim. I’m a busy mom of 3. And I’m a freezer meal addict.
I use to be afraid of freezing meals…Thought it’d be too much work… but then I learned how EASY IT IS! And I’d love to share some tips that will have you freezing meals TONIGHT!
* saves money, I can buy in bulk
* it’s healthier – no preservatives & I can control portion size
* it makes dinner time a cinch!
* If you’re making something that will freeze well (most things will!), then double your recipe and freeze half of it. (think meatballs, meatloaf, lasagna, soup, taco meat, BBQ, etc.) What freezes well? How should you freeze it? Find a great list, with easy “how-to”s over at Freezer Cooking Club.
* Use good freezer bags. Cheap bags leave a plasticy taste, and rip easily. Ziploc has yet to fail me. And bags work for almost everything,even casseroles!
* Ask your facebook friends, or moms in your church/sports group. You’ll be surprised how many moms would like to try it once you mention it!
* Set a date for your first swap. Bring multiples of the same meal to trade (6 moms = bringing 5 meals, since you keep one for yourself).